The most common type of sleep apnea is called obstructive sleep apnea. This form of the condition is characterized by the airway being physically blocked during sleep by either the tongue or a very relaxed throat.
Symptoms of Obstructive Sleep Apnea
• Pauses in breathing lasting from a few seconds or more
• Morning headaches
• Dry mouth or sore throat during the night
• Regular need to urinate during the night
• Abrupt awakenings
• Inability to concentrate during the day
• Lethargy or excessive sleepiness during the day
• Irritability or mood swings
If you or a loved one is experiencing these or other problems, consider getting them to a sleep apnea center in Torrance. This condition is a serious issue that should be addressed, it has consequences ranging from lack of daily productivity to significant systemic health issues. Sleep apnea can not only effect your family and work lives, but sufferers have heightened risks of developing heart disease as a result of high blood pressure. This increases chances of heart attacks, heart failure, and strokes.
Our expert in obstructive sleep apnea in Torrance has a variety of way to help with both diagnosis as well as treatment, including custom-fitted oral appliances.