Dental bonding is a fast, affordable way to change the look of a smile. During the procedure, a tooth-colored resin is applied to the tooth and cured with a special light. It is done to improve the look of a tooth or to restore the tooth after a minor injury.
Our dentist can use bonding in many ways, including:
• Repairing small cavities and chipped or cracked teeth
• Concealing small stains or discolorations
• Providing an alternative to amalgam fillings
• Closing gaps between teeth
• Changing the shape, size, or length of teeth
• Protecting exposed roots
• Making other minor changes to the tooth
Most cosmetic changes can be done without the need for anesthesia, but you may need a local anesthetic if the tooth being bonded has decay. Our dentist will then need to prepare the tooth by creating a rougher surface and applying a conditioning liquid to the tooth to help the resin adhere. The resin, which has a putty-like texture, is then applied and molded into the desired shape. and A special light or laser is used to cure the resin and bond it to the tooth. Our dentist will then polish the resin to match the tooth.
Call us today to learn more about bonding or to schedule your appointment with our cosmetic dentist in Santa Clara.