While no one ever wants to be in an emergency situation, these problems are an unfortunate part of life. This is why our dentists and our staff want our patients to know in the event of a dental emergency; we are here to help. You can contact our office for an emergency appointment at all times.
We understand that not everyone views emergencies the same way. However, we want to stress the importance of seeking care right away if you are in a situation that feels like an emergency. Our office feels it is always a good idea to be safe rather than to be sorry. So, remember, the emergency dentist in San Francisco is just a phone call away.
To help you determine if your situation is a dental emergency, here are some common conditions that need treatment right away.
• PAIN- Excessive tooth or mouth pain causing problems with eating, drinking, concentrating, or sleeping this could be an emergency. You should seek treatment.
• MOUTH SORES- Often sores develop over time, but abscesses can have a sudden onset. Because an abscess can infect many areas of your body via a release of toxins into your bloodstream, you need to see this as an emergency.
• TRAUMA TO THE FACE OR MOUTH- If you are struck in the head while playing a sport or injured in an accident, you should seek dental care right away. It is possible your mouth or teeth suffered damage only visible through an x-ray.
• BLEEDING- While blood often seems like an emergency to most people, you should seek treatment if you can soak a paper towel with the blood you lose.
• LOST TOOTH- A missing tooth is definitely a dental emergency. If you are able to, please place the tooth in a cup of milk or a damp paper towel. Then bring it along to your visit.
We hope you never need to make a visit to our office for an emergency. However, if you need us, our dentists and our staff will be ready to help you.